The Family Who Works Out Together
1 months ago
The Family who works out together…
Every family has different strategies when it comes to staying fit. Exercise is a great opportunity to relieve stress, build muscle AND bond with your family. For better or worse, children often mimic their parents’ behaviors. That makes it especially important to set a healthy example when working out. Here are several benefits from exercising as a family:
- Feeling supported – Kids who work out with their family feel more supported, especially with exercises that promote a “team mentality”. When everyone is working together for a common goal, it can increase trust and feelings of security.
- Improved Body Image – Exploring their capabilities in a safe environment, surrounded by loved ones, is a great way for kids to start feeling more assured in their own skin.
- Confidence – Not only does confidence come from a child acknowledging their physical strength, it also comes from being able to work well with others and lead a team. Kids who work out with their family will develop leadership skills that will help them in the backyard AND out in the world.
- Team Family – Families who work out together, with that shared common goal, often improve their relationships with each other. Sharing emotions and experiences together will bring the whole family closer.
- Greater Reward – A team can always get more done than an individual. So pull the family together and see how much more you can accomplish TOGETHER!